NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

PanSTARRS visiting Andromeda tonight.

Lovely image Maciek. I hope to get another chance to image the comet again this evening.

I've been waiting for an age to shoot the same picture but find myself laid up with a crocked back so missed it . . . typical . . . :embarrassed:

Have you seen a chiropractor? Worked wanders for my back a few years ago. I visit every now and then just to keep it on the straight and narrow. Not had a significant problem with it since.

Thanks fondofchips. I wish you luck with the comet although you will probably need a binoculars to spot it. Here we have quite dark skies so I was still able to see it with a naked eye last night.

Could you give us a clue in your setup - iso & exposure length etc?

Here's what I got with my canon eos 60Da with a series of about 8 3min subs at iso800 using an old canon zoom 70-210 (at 210mm) stacked in nebulosity. post-12157-136515615978_thumb.jpg

No problem Splint UK.

It's 10 exposures 60 sec. each + 6 dark frames, all shot with Canon 7D, ISO 6400, Sigma zoom lens 70-300mm, set to 200mm f/5.0, camera on alt-az goto mount.

Final picture stacked with DeepSkyStacker software with finishing processing in Lightroom 4.4.

Archived