NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another M65 and Supernova Sn2013am (Edge HD 11)

x6gas

Finally a few clear hours so here's my attempt at M65 and supernova Sn2013am.

First time I've had my Edge HD out for a while and struggling a bit to get the guiding running properly - reminding myself how tough it is to guide at 2800mm focal length!

Anyway, this is 12 x 300s L subs, binned 2x2. Stacked in AA5 with a high pass filter applied in PhotoPlus X4.

gallery_11821_2478_36848.png

gallery_11821_2478_30745.png

Nice one esp at 2.8 m how do you guide ?

had a crack myself at much shorter f/l about 2m shorter than yours :grin: need to sort out some flats after I've done on M63 or the clouds come in

Steve

Nice one esp at 2.8 m how do you guide ?

had a crack myself at much shorter f/l about 2m shorter than yours :grin: need to sort out some flats after I've done on M63 or the clouds come in

Steve

Hi Steve,

I use an Atik off-axis guider with a QHY IMG0H as the guidecam running through PHD. The guiding graph for this was pretty choppy, but I suppose the slow focal ratio of the scope helps a bit... and if I was using a guidescope with a short focal length then I don't suppose it would be any more accurate (although I'd have the comfort of a nice smooth graph!).

Thanks all for the comments. Given that I usually spend hours capturing data for deep sky stuff, and countless hours more processing, I feel a bit guilty having just an hour of data and ten minutes processing!

If it is clear again tonight then I might try to get some colour...

Archived