Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flocking good fun!

Stargazer_00

Did mine today and almost flocked it up lol.

Its quite tricky to get a good smooth covering i found it easier to peel off the backing and roll it up with the sticky side facing down and basically roll it on your arm around the inside..

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think this would work for my SCT?

I have taken my corrector plate off before but not the rear mirror cell. I assume it would just pull out of the tube once I had taken the screws out of the rear bezel.

it will work i had an c8 and was planning on doing it

Did mine this evening. Fairly easy if applied in strips. Looking forward to clear weather now to try it out :-)

ah thats why i struggled i used two big sheets on my skyliner 200p and a few tiny strips to fill the gaps and around the secondary..

Did mine this evening. Fairly easy if applied in strips. Looking forward to clear weather now to try it out :-)

ah thats why i struggled i used two big sheets on my skyliner 200p and a few tiny strips to fill the gaps and around the secondary..

Just had a thought. If flocking tubes makes such a difference, why don't the manufacuturers flock the tubes at manufacture? :icon_scratch:

If the contrast and therefore image is improved so much, they could then claim better views/images than similar products from their counterparts. If it was done at manufacture it would only add pence/cents etc to the retail price of the scope and would save us a lot of trouble post purchase.

I would really truly advise against doing this on an SCT unless you are super confident and fully understand how to dismantle and rebuild correctly.

I read in another thread, I think E621Keith posted, about the horror stories there have been with people fouling up decent SCTs trying to flock them.

You have to ensure that the corrector plate is exactly aligned the way it was removed etc. It's a nominal improvement versus a high potential risk to introduce issues you didnt have before. I would not flock an SCT myself if I owned one. Newts are much more resilient and can easily be corrected if things get out of alignment.

• 1 month later...

Archived