Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Weather web sites

I use Sat24 as mentioned, 7Timer and my own weather station at home which includes WXAstro capture to download live satellite images.

Still damn cloudy though!

Cheers

Jamie

Sat24 (for the short term) and WeatherSpark - which is fairly new and seems to be fairly good. It forecasts about 7-8 days ahead (which is about the reliable limit of forecasting I should think). The new Met office site is, I think, somewhat better than the old one (which was awful!!).

Best idea is to locate 3 or 4 that you find easy to get and read the data from.

They will all give slightly different results - 62% cloud or 48% cloud, clear at 18:30 or 19:20, they will all differ.

Next remember that the weather is not for No1, Your Street, Bishops Stortford. It is for an area covering Mid and West Essex, Mid, East and North Herts and South Cambs.

All of the above & many I cant remember, I go from one to another hoping it'll go from 100% to 0% cloud cover (never does :mad: ) I've more weather links than astro (or it seems that way) The main ones I use are sat24 & 7Timer, then stick my head out of the door & see what it's 'really' doing.

Steve

Nice iPhone app called Telescope nights (or scope nights) that is an astro targeted weather app. Tells you if it's likely you'll be getting your scope out or not. Not sure which weather service it uses but it is usually right.

Archived