Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

I have recently purchased this camera but struggling to get it to work on Windows 8.

Tried using this tutorial http://www.zwoptical.com/Eng/Cameras/ASI120/software_index.asp to disable driver signature Enforcement. When I try to open it using Sharpcap software the error message "Error during preview (0x80040209)" comes up and i can't proceed any further.

Might also be worth trying FireCapture instead of SharpCap.

James

Hi robin, did you manage to fix this?

I'm getting this now with my ASI120, it worked fine last time I used it, back in November.

Ta

Chris

have you tried re installing the drivers or updating the ones from ZWO's site to see if that sorts it
windows 8 isn't the best software, most likely an update has messed your settings or drivers

I run it under Windows 7 without any problems, have you tried to install it in using compatibility mode? Uninstall and then try it it may be the answer.

Regards

John

I know this is a bit late to the party, but have you made sure it is plugged into a USB 2 port, not USB 3.

These cameras have real problems with USB 3. There are now high speed versions designed for the USB 3 ports, but the versions I have refuse to work to the point where it will not even get regognised by USB 3.

Dave