Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn from 18.03.13 (awful seeing conditions)

Hi,

I was bored and depressed beacuse of the "nice" spring weather we are having so I processed a single file that I took on the 18th . The seeing conditions were terrible plus added haze and low thin clouds so I only took a 72 seconds avi about 2200 frames of which the majority were a total loss.

This sad effort is the result of about 250 frames. In fact I have to be honest that it was not a good night for mefor imaging as when I managed to capture both the M81 and M82 in the the same frame ( my first DSO capture ) with great excitment only to be cursing myself later that day because I forgot to adjust the focus on the Scope for the Canon 1000d. Sorry if this effort caused any offence.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-11353700-1364068286_thumb.j

I was out that same night - looks pretty much like what I saw = good pic

Hi to you all,

Many thanks for your encouragement, this was only my second attempt with Saturn but I I expected a lot more from myself because I did manage 4 different sessions with Jupiter. The capture is very noisy, not helped by the fact that I seem not to have set the exposure and gain correctly. I must have really been careless on the night. I was about to just dump it in the bin but decided to process it, it does actually show a little more deatil once viewd as a Tiff in CS2, a little is lost during the jpeg process I guess, there are hints of the suttle colouring in the bands but that is about it I am afraid. Hoping to get better in the next session. I also really do not know how much should I realistically expect from the 127 MAK, I think the problem is the operator and to some extent the seeing conditions not the resolving power of the MAK, so I would be grateful if anyone could post a capture just to show the capibility of the scope. As a side question, I have aquired a high speed mono camera for guiding purposes, would there be a significant improvement if I used a tri colour capture method using filters given the usually short window of apportunity for the capture.

Many thanks and regards,

A.G

A.G

Many thanks and regards

Archived