Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What would be a good night sky app for Android tablet?

sologuitarist61

The title says it all really. I have just purchased an android tablet running Jelly Bean (4.2), and wondered what would be a good app for researching. I hoped that Sky Safariwould work but apparently this doesn't work on Android (or not Jelly Bean anyway) so I wondered what the alternatives might be.

Any help would be appreciated

? 4.2 it's the latest, isn't it?

It certainly is - the trouble may be that my tablet is not a 'named' make and they appear to be snobbish about that! It dowsn't even come up on Google Play, but insists on giving me Ski Safari as an option. Well I know we have snow but ........ :smiley:

sologuitarist61 have you tried finding Sky Safari on the Play Store from your PC and then installing it to your device from there, if you are signed into Google it should give you that option or at least tell you it is not compatible.

Mobile Observatory is also available from the Amazon App Store so if you having no luck from the Play Store try there.

sologuitarist61 have you tried finding Sky Safari on the Play Store from your PC and then installing it to your device from there, if you are signed into Google it should give you that option or at least tell you it is not compatible.

Mobile Observatory is also available from the Amazon App Store so if you having no luck from the Play Store try there.

Thanks John, I have done that and that is where it tells me that it isn't compatible for my device - I suppose I could try loading the cheao version and see if that works before trying the Pro version.

Tried to load it through the PC Jon but it just greys out the device so that you cannot select it.

Ahh well they defiantly do not want you to have it then, what model of tablet is it? I have just check my app which should run on any Android Device from 1.5 which is all of them, however there are still 225 which show as incompatible on Play Store and a lot of these are Chinese specials which probably would work fine but Google do not have enough info on them yet. There is a way of contacting Google to ask them to add a device and with the correct spec, I will try and find the link.

I have sent it to them, I am not sure how long it takes but I have sent them a link to its specs so we will see.

Thanks John I appreciate your help

I have also contacted the distributor and they are going to phone me this pm so I will post what happens!

Archived