NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Derotated Jupiter 3 avi's combined.

Ewan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"PS btw can someone tell me why it's best to NOT produce & use a sharpened AS!2 stacked image & use just the 'blurry' stacked one instead ? "

Ewan, can you explain this a bit more? I'm not sure I fully understand what you are refering to here. Thanks

Hi Freddie, when you run AS!2 there is an option 'sharpened image', also i remember you saying to me don't tick this &do not use this image but just use the one created by AS!2 UN sharpened, i just wondered why Freddie that's all.

I just use AS!2 to stack and think that Regi and then other progs make a better job of processing the stacked image so just want AS!2 to output a "clean" stack without doing anything else to it. Having said that, I've never experimented with that, but AS!2 is a stacking prog so I just let it do that.

I also notice that you are putting your winjupos RGB back into Regi for more wavelets. As you know, that's not what I do as I get the individual R,G and B files as sharp as possible before putting them through Winjupos. I have found this gives better results as you can fine tune the wavelets for each file as opposed to applying the same wavelets to all as you would do if adjusting the RGB. Would be interetsed in your and others experiences with the different approaches.

Neil,

Are you worried about WJ generating files over 2GB?

If so, I believe it will switch to generating .ser files when the AVI files become too large.

Chris

Hi Chris when the data is over 2GB WJ does not do a correct de rotated video, it messes up big time, Well it has for me. it has to be loaded on Virtual dub. and even then the higher GIGS captured the worse the problem becomes, with thousands of missing frames after virtual dub trys to reconstruct the missing index block. something to that effect Chris. We had a discussion about some of this a while back. as Pete was saying the same thing

What ARE you implying hmmmmmmmmmm :grin: , of course ill be interested Neil, if i get a chance for Saturn i too would need this info.

I have found (i think) a major problem with Winjupo Derotated Video's & AS!2, can others please Derotate a video in Winjupo & then put it into AS!2 for me & report back here if that's ok ?

This is the other reason i used your PIPP CGarry you will be pleased to hear, my Derotated video's came out sort of 'torn' in two parts, picture sais a thousand words :-

post-11075-0-14580300-1363892835_thumb.j

I have not got a clue what causes this, codec not installed ? even though i have a few, AS!2 settings ? not many to change so i am a little miffed, but once i put the derotated vid through PIPP it rectifies the problem, so for me PIPP has been handy.

Just processing a new stack of 3 x RGB sets & post my findings soon

Thanks guys once again (dosen't mean we a are married though) :evil:

PS btw can someone tell me why it's best to NOT produce & use a sharpened AS!2 stacked image & use just the 'blurry' stacked one instead ?

Hi Ewan yep seen that before. it seems theres a update. just read Chris Gs comments. And yes indeed Pipp did correct the problem, i used it too :evil:

2.2.0.12 version has a bug that I don't think Emil has attended to yet.....I emailed him about 3 or so weeks ago and he replied that he was unaware of the problem at that point in time...

It was really rather significant in that upon loading a new avi after setting the MAPs boxes AS! would "lose" the frame size you had set these MAPs boxes to..! :(

2.2.0.12 version has a bug that I don't think Emil has attended to yet.....I emailed him about 3 or so weeks ago and he replied that he was unaware of the problem at that point in time...

It was really rather significant in that upon loading a new avi after setting the MAPs boxes AS! would "lose" the frame size you had set these MAPs boxes to..! :(

Ah, thanks for the heads up on that one.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris when the data is over 2GB WJ does not do a correct de rotated video, it messes up big time, Well it has for me. it has to be loaded on Virtual dub. and even then the higher GIGS captured the worse the problem becomes, with thousands of missing frames after virtual dub trys to reconstruct the missing index block. something to that effect Chris. We had a discussion about some of this a while back. as Pete was saying the same thing

I have found that I was able to derotate very long videos if I converted them (or captured them in the first place) to SER format. Though for a colour camera that does mean processing the R, G and B channels separately. Have you tried this?

Cheers.

Chris

Archived