Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

where is comet panstarrs now in sky

hi guys & girls

as you know im in croydon surrey, now at the moment where is this comet hideing as im struggeling

to view her,my back garden shows n,e,s,w and front faces sw so i got good area covered say im looking

just after sunset should i look nw or west and approx dec in height from horizon, any help please

many thanks

steve

Cannot locate the chart I had, or the better one I did not copy.

This page has some information, presently it is close to Algenib, just left of it, Square of Pegasus.

Scroll down to the bottom and it gives RA/Dec for it, but getting dimmer.

Panstarrs1

If I can locate the better one(s) I will post them.

Try this:

Panstarrs2

Constellations and path are shown just over half way down

Is it still in the sky? I've been trying since 14th but it has been cloud, cloud, rain, cloud. . . .I thought I caught a glimpse but it was too short to be sure I wasn't watching a star through haze.

I am in Hampshire. No hose pipe ban here.

For those who have not been able to see this comet, go to my "2013 Telescopic Comets" post below. Click on the link for tips on how to observe it and what to expect to see.

Astro Tux,

I have had the same problem here with this comet, it seems to have it's own bank of clouds. Last week four nights on the bounce the sky was clear and the only place the cloud was, was over the comet. I have managed to see it 4 times though but the best sighting was the 13th when for me it was naked eye, difficult but visible.

Alan.

Archived