Moon, 19 March

JamesF

Even more of a race against the clouds tonight. I'd seen the sky was unexpectedly clear late this afternoon and had the Mak out cooling early. As soon as darkness fell I rushed out and got cracking. As it happened I can't claim to have completely beaten it, but I didn't have to discard too many frames at least.

56 frames (of a total of 120 taken) of 1/1000th @ ISO800 from the 450D and 127 Mak, preprocessed in PIPP and stacked using Registax v6.

moon-2013-03-19-small.png

James

Very nice James! You have managed a lovely level of detail in the ejecta. I never tire of looking at your Moon shots. :smiley:

And as we have total cloud cover once again I have plenty of opportunity to look at them! :wink:

Thank you too. It's been as grey as a grey thing here today. No chance of getting a Moon image tonight sadly. If the weather will play along I'm really going to put some effort into getting a few good crescent images over the next few months.

James

Archived