Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pub Astro

nickdud

pub astro

so who else has taken their scope to their local?
there were more eyes to the ep than my photo shows and with Jupiter over the moon there were plenty of impressed people..
try it sometime;)

I came across a link to a site 'AstroPub' - http://astropub.co.uk/

I went to a meeting at a country pub outside of Reading at the beginning of last month. We didn't manage a lot of observing - cloud, not booze - but I did get to have a quick gander at Jupiter through a 10" dob. Still, the advantage of being at a pub with interesting and like-minded people is that the conversation was pretty good; I enjoyed it.

I just hope that there's a meeting soonish, but I guess the organisers might be waiting for the possibility of a clear sky...

Ah, did we meet at the last one in the Bottle and Glass? Were you the fella doing the Turing talk? And, more importantly, do you know when there's going to be another one? (Or is that a bit like guessing when there'll be clear skies?)

Archived