NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Focuser's

Pig

I am thinking of buying a different focuser for my set up and would like some advice :laugh: I am currently using the factory fitted unit on the Nexstar 6SE

I was observing Saturn yesterday morning and even with the bigger wheel diameter on my focuser I couldn't seem to get Saturn just right.

Will finer adjustment make much of a difference for the extra expense / ease of fitting ?

I would appreciate any recommendations?

Thank you

Shaun

If Saturn was down low, and I take it that it was, then seeing may have played a large part in being able to get a sharp view. I doubt your focuser is to blame.

I would say about 30 deg from the horizon, does that count as fairly low ? :smiley:

30 degrees, low, not in my books. To me though I agree is sounds like seeing.

I didn't know that a 6 inch could take a different focuser, is it with the 2 inch SC fittings. AS for the peg, interesting. I found that by making the focuser's knob that you turn bigger helped a good deal, or fit a Moonlite, that works.

Alan

i fitted a baader steel track to sct and i think its the best thing i ever bought, great bit of kit, never use the mirror focuser anymore so no flop either

I would like this type but im worried it will crash into my base at higher elevations :huh:

Archived