Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aurora Flatfield Panels from Gerd Neumann

Fordos Moon

I am getting one of these for my birthday to take flat frames with.

e6aqyru6.jpg

My power source is a Skywatcher Power Tank.

a9epedaj.jpg

Can anyone advise if I need to adjust the panel connections in any way to power the panel up in order that I can be prepared in advance?

Many thanks

I also bought an GN panel a few months ago and have been really pleased with it - they supply it with "banana plugs" which need to connect up to the power supply, these are common in Europe and you'll either need to cut these off and solder onto the connectors of a cigarette adaptor, or alternatively buy an adapted version of a cigarette adaptor that takes banana plug inputs (this is what I did), see:

http://www.revmod.co.uk/Adapter-Plug-12v-Car-4mm-O-FS-CAR4.html

Although the slightly larger version and purchased about a year ago, mine came with the cigar fitment. May be worth checking exactly what yours will be supplied with before buying any adapors. If not yet ordered, you may be able to get it supplied with the cigar fitment if that would make it easier for you. Just give Gerd a call or E-mail.

If you don't like the banana plugs they attach to the wires with spring clips - just squeeze and the plugs come off :) Actually, banana plugs and sockets provide a very good connection, though you need to make sure of polarity, of course :D

As for the panel itself - great :) Definitely a good buy.

The small black inverter's cables are so thin that I would question it's design - simply put mine snapped off after a couple of uses.

Olly uses the larger PSU and the cables seem better from my use.

The panel itself is very good in use.

Hi,

I got one from TS in Germany last week and it came with a cigar lighter lead. This lead has a 2.1mm jack on the other end so it will connect to a standard 12 v supply or even a mount hub.

Ian

Archived