Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

stoke sidewalk AP?

estwing

met a lady for a drink on monday..driving back through Norton someone had a camera set-up pointing at jupiter,just like to find out if it was a fellow SGLer? i would of stopped and said hello...but i was on such a high they would of thought i was crazy,driving along singing to Duran Duran's Rio :happy7:

It wasn't me ;)

Hope it went well for you too. Have you broken the news yet that she may occasionally come second fiddle to a lady named Cassiopeia ??

'Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand....'

Have you broken the news yet that she may occasionally come second fiddle to a lady named Cassiopeia ??

Not to mention Andromeda. And the Seven Sisters. So many women to have in your life...

James

It is possible to have both a lady and astronomy in your life. I was observing late Saturday night and woke my g/f up to have a look at Saturn as it was looking truly spectacular. Finished the night off with a glass of very chilled white wine and lemon meringue in the garden at gone 3am. Bliss,

Dave.

Well I know how much shoes and make up cost, and my scope will last a lot longer!!! That aside, every time I have shown my g/f Saturn and Jupiter or the moon she is genuinely impressed by the whole affair. Sadly, she doesn't share my sense of wonder at DSOs, she was most underwhelmed at M1, even after explaining what she was looking at.

Dave

PS The secret is not to live with them.

Archived