Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What would be the best investment?

Hey Guys,

My 200p just arrived and I can't wait to try it out. However from my old scope I did notice the stock 10mm mainly isn't up to much. So I have about £50 and was wondering whether it would be best spent on a new EP or a barlow?

I was thinking of either getting one of the BCO eyepieces or the Baader 2.25x barlow?

The barlow is an excellent one but it can't make the stock eyepieces any better !

You may find the £50 best spent on either a cheshire collimation eyepiece or a red dot type finder initially though. The scope will need collimating and red dot finders make pointing it much easier in my opinion.

Upgrading eyepieces can come later perhaps ?

That may be a while away with these clouds! :p

Just a quick question about collimation, is the scope classed as fast or slow? FLO states that it is f5.91... Should I collimate it as a fast or slow scope?

Its medium !

But it will need to be collimated from time to time to get the best contrast and resolution out of it. It may not be far out - perhaps give it a try and try the star test before starting to tweak ?

best investment would be warm socks and a good pair of gloves! :)

Oh and you may end up needing some sort of seat. I can't use my dob without a height adjustable seat. It'd be a priority to be comfortable when viewing before trying to improve things like the EPs, finders etc. Get the ergonomics sorted first.

Archived