NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrophotography Kit - PDF book

emadmoussa

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers mate, i'll give that a go. As for the money side of all this, my original plan back in Oct last year was to get my 130m (£175) with the plan of learning the sky & maybe upgrading in a years time hahaha yeah right ( I've had an interest in the night sky since i was a kid but life intervened & it took a back seat til last year when I thought about getting myself my first scope) its been less than 4 months since the 130m & with the new scope (200p), camera, ep's, filters blah blah etc etc......I've been through nearly £1200 :shocked: Once my serial cable's arrived i'm then set up for starting AP & hopefully wont need to buy anything else for a while :rolleyes: Although I do plan on the NEQ6 in a years time haha........Watch this space.

Steve

NEQ6 it is...funny enough, I've been eying in the past few days. Just trying to think what else I can sell in order to get this mount. I already sold 4 of my aircraft models in order to get the motor and the Canon 1100D...I never looked back though. So, like you, it's time to save up 8/900 pounds ( :eek: ) for the NEQ6. You know, it's nice sitting in the comfort of your home while through your laptop control your scope outside in the garden, no neighbor's stupid dog or cold to worry about.

Oh, by the way, I'm been experimenting with APT...the FREE version is decent and complete enough. So I thought that might save you some money :) Well, when we become super highly advanced astrophotographers, then you can make a payment ;) I'm sure you'll need the paid features after a while.

Better prepare the girlfriend psychologically for the big guy's arrival. I'm doing this with my wife :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. I've downloaded many pdf's on this subject and bought a couple of books. This is by far the best I've seen. It even talks about Gimp that I have as I am financially challenged to buy Photoshop.

PS CS2 is free now btw... :)

Archived