NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan EQ3 handset.

Hi everyone,

We are VERY new to all of this & have been trying to set up out Synscan handset today. Haven't pulled all of our hair out yet but nearly!! The problem we are having is that we can't set our longitude & latitude. We are following the manual & a You tube demo. both say to tap the co ordinates in then press enter but it keeps taking us back to the beginning of having to type it in again & not on to the next step. We have left the co ordinates that are already in the handset & then pressed enter & it takes us to the next step. We have set up the date, time etc successfully but still can't put in our long/lat.

HELP please. My other half is fed up with it already so any info. would be MUCH appreciated.

What long / lat are you trying to enter ??? and are you entering the N, E, W at the end. Can't remember of the top of my head but I seem to recall that if you west of the meridan then you enter a negative number for the E setting, i.e 2 degrees west would read -2 degrees east, but don't quote me on that.....lol, its been a long time since I've been west of the meridan.

Ian :grin:

Thank you both for replying but special thanks to Peter/Cornelius Varley? I can see the silly mistake I made with the minutes - what a nit wit!! No doubt this will NOT be the last time I'll be asking questions. Onward & upward!!

Archived