NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My pics from Astrofest 2013..

NickK

I'm surprised the 'Mods' haven't pulled you up for indecent imagery . . . . :p

Had to work this weekend . . . should pay for the new Mak180 I've been lusting over . . . Aiming to get to the Int. Show in May . . .

Hope you didn't spend too much . . . :grin:

No, I didn't buy anything - the bank manager was with me ;) She did pick up the TV binos.. but put them down again when I estimated them to be about £1000 :D

Now if they were displaying an ASA DDM60.. but out of the gear there the OS Veloce 200 f/3 is beautifully made, the lunt gear too. It's interesting that the Paramount gear seems to be in the background - it's getting eclipsed by the Mesu, Micron and the Avalon. Also having seen the "EQ8" in the flesh I'm not that impressed to be honest. It's the first time I've seen the ATIK 400 series (long camera).. they're little and it's interesting that there's quite a few people showing hyper star f/2 systems.

The reflex scope is interesting as it's a folded refractor. The CCD spectrometer was interesting too - good to see things different from the norm..

Just got in 1/2 hour ago, despite TfL's best efforts to mess up the tube. :mad:

Unfortunately I did spend some money, but as we're clouded out anyway I'm hoping it will scrape in under the cloud god's radar.

Thanks for posting these. What is the Refelx scope second from the right on the top row? Does the light bounce down, up and back down th tube again?

Yes a folded refractor with two mirrors in it.

Thanks for sharing the pics, Nick - only managed to snap a couple myself :(

Highlights for me were the Skylight refractors (beautiful pieces), the APM 10" and the proliferation of Tak :cool: I had a really interesting chat on the Atik stand, they seem pretty keen on the C6 with the 400 series as an imaging setup :eek::cool:

Thanks for sharing the pics, Nick - only managed to snap a couple myself :(

Highlights for me were the Skylight refractors (beautiful pieces), the APM 10" and the proliferation of Tak :cool: I had a really interesting chat on the Atik stand, they seem pretty keen on the C6 with the 400 series as an imaging setup :eek::cool:

At f/2 with all the cloud we've had..

Archived