Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Telrad Dew Shield

I use the official one. I got the one with the mirror but to be honest it was money wasted and I still prefer to look through the reflector. It does seem to do a good job of stopping dew, just leave it on when not using the telrad.

Mines been brilliant and I have had no problems with dew on the Telrad. I did have to adjust the size slightly as the printout of the template wasn't quite big enough. Something to do with the printer not the original design. I would suggest you make one of paper and checking for size before you cut the foam.

Simon

I made one but eventually bought the actual dew shield. It's very good, however, It relies heavily on human intervention, I.e. replacing it into position after finding an object!!!!!

That sounds simple, but .......

Bart

I made one but eventually bought the actual dew shield. It's very good, however, It relies heavily on human intervention, I.e. replacing it into position after finding an object!!!!!

That sounds simple, but .......

Bart

Not quite sure I understand that. I've never had to move or adjust mine when observing.

Simon

Mines been brilliant and I have had no problems with dew on the Telrad. I did have to adjust the size slightly as the printout of the template wasn't quite big enough. Something to do with the printer not the original design. I would suggest you make one of paper and checking for size before you cut the foam.

Simon

thanks I'll do that.

Archived