Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Worth starting a Yorking viewing spots thread ?

Nephalem

Hi all,

Just thought I'd ask the question is it worth creating a thread that lists of the known viewing spots in and around Yorkshire ?

A lot of people seem to be asking the same questions about ideal viewing spots so wondered if we should create and thread that we can all refer to about great viewing locations in and around Yorkshire.

If everyone is ok with it I'll start a new thread that everyone can update.

Cheers :-)

I have a right nice spot i use near meltham but dont want to shout about it in case it gets busy

Ah ok, didnt think of that....is there a way of making this thread private so only wakefield members can access it ?

Ah ok, didnt think of that....is there a way of making this thread private so only wakefield members can access it ?

sorry, but it cant be made private, but the wakefield menbers can exchange venue details via private message

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just thought I'd ask the question is it worth creating a thread that lists of the known viewing spots in and around Yorkshire ?

A lot of people seem to be asking the same questions about ideal viewing spots so wondered if we should create and thread that we can all refer to about great viewing locations in and around Yorkshire.

If everyone is ok with it I'll start a new thread that everyone can update.

Cheers :-)

Nephalem, check out this map I am slowly putting together, it may be of help ??

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=214914528703394167983.0004d37f21c8474de29e7

I regularly go to Thruscross Reservoir just off Skipton road (A59) between Skipton & Harrogate, lovely & dark with very little lp & plenty of tracks & country lanes going here, there & everywhere, i've a few spots down there which will shield from the wind whichever direction its blowing.

Steve

I regularly go to Thruscross Reservoir just off Skipton road (A59) between Skipton & Harrogate, lovely & dark with very little lp & plenty of tracks & country lanes going here, there & everywhere, i've a few spots down there which will shield from the wind whichever direction its blowing.

Steve

And welcome to the forum 'Nephalem' from 'Nephilim' :grin:

Skiorh maybe you would like to add the site of the SARAS observatories to your map in Dalby Forest. For anyone who isn't aware and would like to check out the skies at Dalby, the annual Starfest takes place between 9th and 11th August. For additional details see http://www.scarborough-ryedale-as.org.uk/saras/starfest/starfest-2013/

In regards observing locations, being a SARAS member, I'm either in Dalby or at home. However, we use a car park near the radio mast at Ravenscar each March for our annual Messier Marathon. Nice dark site with good horizons for those twilight objects low down.

• 9 months later...

Archived