First Light of my Helios Apollo 15x70

Wow, all i can say is wow ! Unbelievably I bought these beginning of January but weather been so utterly rubbish that this is the first clear night in Nottingham to check them out. Only checked them out in my light polluted back garden tonight; Its a bummer but I have had to come in since I am not well tonight and typing this in bed.

First time I have ever seen M81 and M82 in bins ! Superb. This is my favorite sight in the heavens.

M42 is a jewel, a cracker! And i love the way you can just frame Orion's Belt with the faint stars behind.

M45 is a wonderful sight.

All in all I am very pleased with the bins and using them on the monopod (though still getting used to that). I am very pleased I bought these at Steve and Michael's recommendation. Thank-you guys. These will last a lifetime.

Rgds, steve

Wow, all i can say is wow ! Unbelievably I bought these beginning of January but weather been so utterly rubbish that this is the first clear night in Nottingham to check them out. Only checked them out in my light polluted back garden tonight; Its a bummer but I have had to come in since I am not well tonight and typing this in bed.

First time I have ever seen M81 and M82 in bins ! Superb. This is my favorite sight in the heavens.

M42 is a jewel, a cracker! And i love the way you can just frame Orion's Belt with the faint stars behind.

M45 is a wonderful sight.

All in all I am very pleased with the bins and using them on the monopod (though still getting used to that). I am very pleased I bought these at Steve and Michael's recommendation. Thank-you guys. These will last a lifetime.

Rgds, steve

Nice to hear that your 15 X 70 is perfoming well, I have ordered a pair of 15 X 70 Strathsbeys and hope that these are at least better than the run of the mill Chinese 15 X 70s that are around ( I know that Strathsbeys are Chinese made as well ).

Regards,

A.G

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Newbie here. Sent back the Celestron 15x70's as no goo, collimation out etc. Now considering the Apollo 15x70's although difficult to get hold of at the moment and of course feel obliged to get them from the same company I sent the other ones back to. ANyway, I was wondering if anyone has experienced the Quantum 6 (70mm), around £499. They have a 90 degree angled EP's. Have searched the forums but only finding the much more expensive versions.

Thanks

Archived