NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My new Celestron 925 XLT SCT has arrived !!

matsey

And I'd second the Williams Optics 2" diagonal as a very good upgrade choice - I actually already had mine for the 6SE, but always found it a bit big for that scope (had to be VERY careful it didn't hit the mount if I tried to go too close to the zenith..!), but on the 925 it's perfect - much much better than the supplied 1 1/4" one which I always found a bit plasticky.

For the focuser I will probably upgrade that at some point as well. I was thinking about the Starlight Microfocuser, I've read a few people have upgraded with those, but I haven't quite decided. Also need some guiding equipment for imaging, a nice wide field/low power 2" eyepiece... the list goes on (and on, and on...) !!

:)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Matsey,

I wanted a nice wide fov eyepiece and being a fan of all things Baader I went for the Aspheric 36mm. It has a 72 degree fov and being a 2" it will do very nicely in my C9.25. I thought that having gone high power with all my previous combinations I would like to go the other way and get something low-powered for the wide-field views of the sky that all my other eyepieces cannot cope with.

I was also wanting to get a 2" light pollution filter to fit onto my 2" diagonal and I see you have a Baader Neodymium. That was on my radar as well as the cheaper Skywatcher one. The Baader is significantly more expensive, but if it is worth it then I will have that. What is your verdict?

I have this great scope it needs a good hour and more to cool down,i only use it for planets and moon imaging ,i have a frac for dso imaging,but the 9.25 is not bad all rounder but planets it excels for me i love it but he cool down times need ages in he sumer a good hour and 30 minutes at least you will love it get a dual speed focuser makes things a lot easier does for me

Pat

• 7 months later...

Thanks guys - yes, it's all starting to come together now (as you say, except for the weather :rolleyes: ). Which reminds me... must update my sig, that observing scope is no longer 'TBA' !!

Hi; I`ve just bought the same Sct 9.25 and mount myself.............still in the setting up process (and finding out I need a better Star diagonal etc!!)..............nice bit of kit isn`t it :laugh:  :laugh:

Martin

Oh yes, Martin. You will love it....

Yes, once I get It set up I think I definitely will love it; I keep looking at it with a big smile on my face...........can`t wait to get it into action :smiley:

Martin

congrats Martin, it is a fab combo - even though mine has become something of a cloud magnet in the last few months, on the rare occasions I do get out with it, the views through it are pretty special :)   Sure you'll love it too :)  

I have a C11 and the first thing i noticed after using a Moonlight focuser on my reflector is the awful focuser, so fitted a Starlight Feathertouch i think it took around 5 minutes, from memory, slide off the rubber grip undo the screw, remove the 3 screws on base then unwind the focuer, put the new focuser on rewind , replace the 3 screws, replace a washer with a supplied washer, then replace the screw, this all gets detailed in the dvd that comes with the focuser, i brought mine from FLO they were around £40 cheaper than other retailers, the scope is so much better for the upgrade, focusing much more precise, another add-on is a Telrad and a Focal Reducer (not used all the time) a Revelation 2" diaganal and my last bit of kit a Astrozap dew shield with heater, all supplied by FLO....

DSC_9900.jpg

• 2 months later...

I bought a C9.25 on a Losmandy G8 mount for $1000  about 3 weeks ago... I looked through it one evening as my friend demonstrated it for me...the images were FANTASTIC... I owned the scope for 2 days......Another friend of mine offered to trade me his C11 for my 10" DOB and the 9.25 and mount...( he hadn't been setting up the C11 in quite some time ) So I took the deal and now I have my C11 ...it  came with an ORION ATLAS EQ-G mount, Moonlite cr2 Focuser, Heated Kendrick Dewcap..... I have been wanting a C11 for a long time.... I love my C11... But when I decide to pick up a Grab n Go scope..It will be a C9.25... Congrats on an Awesome Scope !

Archived