NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

27th Jan 2013 RGB Jupiter, Europa, Io & Ganymead

Ewan

This was at 8:56, a little windy & i thought seeing was pretty good from my place.

This was an RGB run with the DMK @ 60fps for 50 secs each channel with no barlow.

post-11075-0-63386900-1359419018_thumb.p

I did 10 runs that night plus some experimenting so i have 37gb of data to process when it's cloudy & the above is the first one.

Slightly overprocessed more than i like to as it's a small capture but it lifts the detail a little better.

Hope you like it.

Cheers Ralph, i think i have it a little easier than most as my scope is pretty stumpy & i put a 6' high fence around my garden so it wasn't too bad, just the odd breeze which i waited out.

I am just processing my other data which i will up when i get through it all(will take a while).

Celestron C8 SCT, normally i use my 3 x twistlock barlow but not for this image as it would more than overfill the frame, it was a fair bit of tweaking to make sure the moons were visible as well as Jupiter, normally you would increase the exposure for the moons which makes the planet too bright then shoot Jup seperatley then merge the 2 so i guess conditions were not too bad.

I have just done some preliminary rough stacking of my other grabs & they are looking promising so far.

Funny enough i am looking at getting a new scope this year & ccd like an 80mm - 130mm & an Atik or some description :-)

Thanks for the response Ewan having just got a DMK21 the planetary imaging side of this hobby is very new to me so its good to see results with various setups as I'm still yet to decide on a second scope

An 80mm and atik is a hard combo to beat for DSO imaging :D

Archived