NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ3-2 Dual Axis Motor Power Adaptor?

t0ny

Hi, is there such a thing?

I don't want to do any home DIY business with old phone adaptors (unless they just work!) and would like to buy something as durable as possible. Does anyone know where to get one?

Thanks

Mains or battery ?

Maplin sell jump starters that people use with a ciggie lighter lead or a 13.8v regulated supply for the mains, in fact I think first light optics are selling them now.

good luck

( check if the mounts supply is 6 or 12v before you go any further though)

The supply is 6V for the EQ3-2 dual-axis motors. I bodged my own from a spare transformer so I can't suggest anything that works, but what you're really looking for is something with a suitable power connector plug and a (preferably regulated) 6V DC output.

James

Looking for mains power as 99% of my gazing attempts will be from my back garden.

I asked FLO and they said they don't sell anything but it takes 6v DC. Don't I need to know amps and polarity or something like that before getting something?

I had this mount and its 6v input, I used the skywatcher 7ah powertank and used the 6v output, its never run out on me yet and Ive had 5 hour sessions in the cold. I dont think it draws much current. The 7ah version doesn't come with the lead so you need to buy 2 separate 2.1mm dc leads and cut them in half solder back up so theres one on each end :) People may say the power tank is overpriced which I would say it is battery wise, but it's easy to use and is ready to go and has so many outputs lights etc and works very well for me.

Ok, so does it matter what the mA is as long as its over 500 mA?

The Maplins ones go 500mA, 600mA and also 1000mA?

Don't want anything too expensive, but don't mind spending extra on a well made one!

I'd suggest 'locking' the selector slider at 6v with a few turns of insulating tape to make sure you don't inadvertently knock it onto 9 or 12v and fry the hand-control box .

Very sensible I think, given the potential expense of replacing the handset.

James

Archived