NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ten days we missed , large AR development. 8th-18th January.

Steve Ward

Just been passing the time playing with some of the cracking data available on the SDO site . . . ( http://sdo.gsfc.nasa...asa.gov/data/��)

Here's a quick animation of 217 images taken roughly hourly from the 8th to the 18th January , showing the development of the major active region that came and went while we were all , for the most part clouded out .

Best viewed in HD and Fullscreen.

All imagery . . . " Courtesy of the NASA/SDO and the AIA , EVE and HMI science teams "

That really is superb work! It was big but it certainly died a death by the time it got to the west, I bet it won't come round a second time.

I didn't realise that the moon was up and getting on for full at that, it has been cloudy here for so long I forgotten what the sky is.

Alexandra

It's easy to lose track of what's where I must admit .

There's plenty going on " round the back " so's to speak . . .http://www.raben.com/maps

Whether it lasts long enough to make it back to our side remains to be seen , we can but hope . . . :p

I didn't realise that the moon was up and getting on for full at that, it has been cloudy here for so long I forgotten what the sky is.

I felt exactly the same way last night when we had a brief clear spell. I can't actually recall the last time I had a decent view of the Moon. Or the Sun, come to that :(

James

Archived