Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Old Nag? Another unposted blast from the past.... (B33 in Ha + RGB)

Tim

I just found/remembered a series of Horsehead images I'd done in Ha last year, mostly 25 mins each shot, I have 12 of them. It looks like I used the C11 with Atik 428ex @ f10/2800mm for these.

To brighten him up a little he's had some colour data I captured in 2009 added in. The colour is at a much different scale though so it's not a perfect partnership by any means.

DSS refused to stack the images because of the lack of stars, but Nebulosity stacked them in basic form. Another quick and dirty process and here he is.

Dark nebulae are definitely a tricky target under a lot of UK city skies, but at least this one is laid up against a bright curtain :)

Anyway, thought I might as well let him see the light of day instead of hiding in the cupboard with a load of other images I never got around to sorting out.....

Thanks for looking :)

Tim

post-1391-0-23286800-1358554216_thumb.jp

Fine and delicate detail, Tim.

For combining diffrerent data you can't beat Registar. I just demo-ed it to Ozdave by dropping a Horse at 2.4 metres in the ODK onto to an 85mm camera lens shot of the whole of Orion. Ping, didn't bat an eyelid. Resized it, aligned it to fit, three seconds max.

Olly

Archived