Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Great night Crystal clear!!!

Vince1963

Hi SGL Fans.. Just wanted to share this with you guys.This as been one of my best nights viewing in absolute ages.. Apart from the cold (-8 here) the sky is crystal. I went out for about 2 1/2 hours'ish and this is my nights viewing with my 15 x 70 bin's.

First the obvious M42 Orion's nebula then up too M44 Plaides, then M37 M36 M38 in Auriga, M35 Gemini across to Cancer M44 and M67 down to Canis major M41 up and across to Monoceros M47 and the less easier to spot M46, Then on to Perseus NGC884/869 double cluster then to Camelopardalis and a quick look at Kembles cascade and finally finishing off with the two galaxies in Ursa major M81 and M82. Well thats it guy's. Came in cause i'm so cold, things have disappeared so you can now call me Susan lol. Hope you guy's had a good night tonight. Clear skies guy's :icon_salut:

There's a few breaks in the cloud here, but between it being -7 outside, the fact that the snow is making it much brighter outside than it should be and that the breaks probably aren't going to last means I'll certainly be staying in ;).

Just managed to get 45 mins in but was fun trying out new scope. ( Nexstar 8SE) Have a lot to kearn but it will be worth it.

Only really looked at jupiter due to moonlight but it was still good way to have a first view.

Baz

Archived