Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BGO 18mm and 6mm First Light

crazyjedi

Well just defrosting from my first light experience of my BGO's.

The 6mm provided me with the best view I've ever had of Jupiter. The image is tack sharp across the whole of the FOV. I am genuinely staggered at how good these are. The 18mm is very good for star clusters and equally sharp!

Fabulous EP's

My only complaint is comfort. Not how you are thinking though. The eye relief is quite close but I don't wear spectacles and it was not uncomfortable to me. The problem for me is (try not to laugh at this) that I was resting my eyebrow against the top edge of the lens barrel whilst taking in the sight of Jupiter for quite some time and after a while the lens became uncomfortably cold to the point that my eyebrow and part of my forehead went numb :embarrassed:

That aside Stunning EP's!

I think I volunteered to do a comparison of these EP's with some of my others but I can't remember what I said now. I'll have to review my earlier posts :rolleyes:

Well just defrosting from my first light experience of my BGO's.

The 6mm provided me with the best view I've ever had of Jupiter. The image is tack sharp across the whole of the FOV. I am genuinely staggered at how good these are. The 18mm is very good for star clusters and equally sharp!

Fabulous EP's

My only complaint is comfort. Not how you are thinking though. The eye relief is quite close but I don't wear spectacles and it was not uncomfortable to me. The problem for me is (try not to laugh at this) that I was resting my eyebrow against the top edge of the lens barrel whilst taking in the sight of Jupiter for quite some time and after a while the lens became uncomfortably cold to the point that my eyebrow and part of my forehead went numb :embarrassed:

That aside Stunning EP's!

I think I volunteered to do a comparison of these EP's with some of my others but I can't remember what I said now. I'll have to review my earlier posts :rolleyes:

thats funny :grin: :grin: they are very good though

After a review of my previous threads. I had promised to do a comparison of the 18mm BGO Vs My 12mm Radian and perhaps the 6mm BGO Vs the 5.5mm Meade super plossl. I will hopefully post something scientific as soon as I get a clear sky. :grin:

Archived