NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spider and the Fly

3ggman

Imaged on many different nights over the last two months or so. Processing has been really tough and ended up dumping about 6hrs of Lum data that was giving me strange results, I used only 10hrs of 16 collected (I will return to this, one day), Star colour is a little bit strange on some of the smaller stars if you look closely (might not be apparent in the scaled down image). I keep getting pink and purple stars no matter what way I combine them (RGB) or process them. One other thing I noticed was that some of the blue stars were already clipped even before I began processing the RGB, not sure why, the sub lenght was 10mins, which seems to be a pretty normal sub exposure for RGB.

I am quite pleased with the final result even though the lum is not as obvious as I hoped it would be (that is probably my processing)

One thing is for sure, I need to get a reducer for the scope.

Details: total 28hrs 10mins

Ha - 38 x 1200s

L - 40 x 900s

R - 12 x 600s

B - 12 x 600s

G - 9 x 600s (discarded 3 due to clouds)

Thanks for looking and any advice or comments are always welcome.

Johnny

post-6813-0-14631600-1358189271_thumb.jp

Archived