NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ6 Tripod + Heq5 Mount?

OXO

Been thinking about upgrading my Tripod Legs to the EQ6 one's would these fit the Heq5 Mount? i am thinking about a future ED100 scope and i would prefer to have longer extended Tripod Legs with the HEQ5 mount for a more comfortable viewing position..

Thanks

James :clouds2:

Thanks for the Info Andy, i may go the whole hog and get an EQ6 mount next with Skyscan and a 10" Reflector should be perfect on this mount i think :clouds2:.

I used to have a 2" Tripod on my EQ5 mount worked a treat so i may keep that in mind if EQ6 doesnt come about.

Cheers

James :clouds2:

James,

When we were at Kelling last year, Ant asked the same to the guy from the Widescreen centre. He said, as Andy pointed out, that the EQ6 doesn't fit the HEQ5 but an adapter plate was available. He did say how but can't remember....sorry!

Russ

James,

I have just spoken with Optical Vision (the importers): The official word is that you cannot fit an EQ6 tripod to a HEQ5 mount, the extension for the EQ6 will not fit either and they are not aware of an adaptor plate.

Probably not what you wanted to hear...

Steve

The adapter plate was definitely not an official Synta upgrade and not offered by Optical Vision. It was a bespoke item made by someone in the states. The guy also made Losmandy saddle plates for Synta mounts. In fact you could buy adapter plates for almost anything.

I'm sure Andy (Coxy) would know this guy, i cannot think of his name. He was a bit like the American version of Arthur Edwards (who btw could probably make this in a heart beat).

Regards

Russ

Hey nice going Gaz, that was starting to do my head in. I knew his name was Ken something.

I'll let you search for it James but i did quick browse and straightaway found an adapter to attach the HEQ5 to a Meade Large Field Tripod. :sunny:

Russ

Archived