Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First M45 Taken 1.1.13

Hello all, After spending most of my time imaging Andromeda, and Orion since owning my scope and mount ( i didnt want to rush in and image everything i could as soon as possible ) I managed to get out with the scope last night all be it for 45 minutes I decided to have a go at M45 as it was quite early and ran in to a few problems. First of all for some reason i just couldn't get my mount polar aligned no matter how many times I tried so i ended up just leaving it as close as i could get it which meant that i ended up with some trailing, then there was the thin high cloud drifting past as I was imaging, blurring my shots slightly and giving the stars halos, and then it was all brought to a stop by my scope dewing up after 21 minutes so i wasn't able to capture as many subs as i would of liked hence the noise in the pic

Anyways this was 21 lights at 1600iso for 60 seconds, 25 darks and bias. no flats as I knocked the camera out of focus as i was putting away for the night

Thanks for looking

Dale

post-21044-0-05461100-1357164287_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Archived