Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reprocessed M33 - The Triangulum Galaxy - 1100D

Gina

I think it was 10 lights of 60s at ISO 1600 with darka and flats.

While I was looking I found some later ones of M33 of 300s - I'll feed those through DSS and see what I get :)

Here is a reprocess on the other set. This is 18 lights of 300s at ISO 1600, 72 darks of 240s (not quite a match), no flats and and no biases stacked in DSS and processed in PS. Cropped and resized - saved as PNG for here.

post-13131-0-55036700-1356692140_thumb.p

An interesting comparison. There's a lot less noise in the second and if you blink the two images it shows more contrast in the outer spiral arms. It has picked up a lot of red from somewhere though. The brighter stars are showing red halos as well. My feeling is that if you could re-balance it rather more towards the blue and reduce the dynamic range between the core and outer areas there's still more detail to come out of this.

I hope you don't mind the critique.

Andrew

An interesting comparison. There's a lot less noise in the second and if you blink the two images it shows more contrast in the outer spiral arms. It has picked up a lot of red from somewhere though. The brighter stars are showing red halos as well. My feeling is that if you could re-balance it rather more towards the blue and reduce the dynamic range between the core and outer areas there's still more detail to come out of this.

I hope you don't mind the critique.

Andrew

Thank you Andrew :) No, I'm glad of the critique :)

Yes indeed. It makes a huge difference as well how people have their monitors setup. I post a grey scale bar image on my blog from time to time to check that folks can see the full range of brightness.

You should be very pleased with this image Gina. I've put a blink comparison here that shows this image along with your one based upon the 60 second frames. The difference is like night and day!

Andrew

Archived