Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

TAL 100RS

GrahamJ

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you sorted it, seem to remember having similar issue`s with mine when i got it, once we get some decent weather you will love it, now you just need to look out for a couple more eyepiece`s, a really good one to get if you dont wear specs when viewing is a circle T 12.5 orthoscopic, a really good ep and it takes a barlow nicely giving some higher mags

Hi Graham

My typing is pretty erratic too, so don;t worry about it!

As for the two eyepieces that came with the scope, the 25mm plossl is excellent in my view. The 6.3mm is not as good though - I;d recommend using a barlow on the 25mm and maybe getting an eyepiece in the 8-14 mm range (maybe a 12.5mm ortho like Nightfisher/Jules recommended above), which you can use with the barlow to get higher magnifications still. By the way, the diagonal that came with the scope is pretty good for its type as well. If you can find a TAL x2 barlow, get one - pretty good quality for the money. Otherwise, I'm sure others here can recommend a good one...maybe a celestron x-cel?

Raining where I am so hope it clears soon for you!

If you bought the tal new it should have come with a x2 tal barlow, but if you have not got one then look at the revelation barlow, im hearing very good things about this one and for sensible money, as Mark says the tal 25mm plossl is very good, and nothing wrong with the 6.3 plossl but it has very tight eye relief, like trying to look down a biro refill

Thanks again for all your replies. I did get a Barlow with my 4.5" tal reflector yonks ago. but it

won't fit. nearly but not quite.

Sounds like it may be a very old 32mm diameter accessory. Was your Tal 1scope pre '99 ? I think it was around this time, perhaps a bit sooner, that they changed the focuser & accessories, to the industry standard 31.75mm.

If I remember correctly I reckon the only scopes that a barlow wasn't/isn't included with, are the 100RS and the 125R refractors, for some reason. The Newts (Alcor, M, 1, 120, 150P, 2M), Klevtsov's (150K, 200K, 250K) and the 75R refractor all do/did !! Strange but true.

Archived