NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

S@K Sir Patrick Special Issue

zakkhogan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course i understand your point. i gave a personal opinion of what i thought upon noticing the magazine while out shopping. i thought it was alot of money .i put that into words on the forum here when i noticed this thread, nothing more. i am guilty of not even flicking through its content , and it is probably a well set out ,thoughtful read and would not villify anyone for buying it what so ever. i said to my other half at the time that i would have bought it had it been normal price .

I will buy it at that price as long as there are no adverts in it.

Mike.

Think of it as a large format book and maybe the price doesn't look so bad. There are no ads so you are getting ~100 pages of editorial content, perfect bound, in full colour. The publishers are in business to make money and while I can see that there may be sensitivity around something which could be seen to be making money from someone's death, the alternative view is that they are producing something of topical interest... and you don't have to buy it. If the publisher has misjudged the price and it doesn't sell then the newsagents return the stock and the publisher doesn't get a penny (and in fact has to cover distribution and pulping costs) so they are also taking a commercial risk...

Archived