Lakeman

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Thank you to everyone. Apart from few opportunities to use the new kit, loving it! Joined the Chipping Norton Amateur Astronomy Group, and got lots of help, especilly guidance on "Where to look". A good sky is quite daunting to the novice.

Anyone tired the "Shoestring" DIY method of upgrading standard manual motor controls to computerised with the PHD software? I'm a bit nervous of soldering cables into a brand new motor control.

Lakemen

Thank you all for kind words. Apart from rubbish night skies, the 200P and EQ5 are fantastic. I've joined the Chipping Norton Amateur Astronomy Group - great people. So with their considerable help I now know (approximately!) how to set up properly and best of all - "Where to Look". To a novice, a good sky is really daunting.

On another topic, has anyone done the "Shoestring Astonomy" DIY modification to a standard manual dual axis control system to automate it with the PHD software? I am a bit reluctant to strat soldering wires into a brand new control box.

Lekaman

Archived