Hi from Glasgow

ped67

Cheers chris, he did not fancy it. I think he was getting no help and going round in circles with it. So yeah i am in there like swimwear . £90 the lot .

BARGAIN!!! Well you shouldn't have that problem here, i have found that this place is full of knowledgeable astronomers willing to help with ANY question.

Clear skies to you sir :icon_salut:

Have fun with the new scope.

Chris

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Peter and welcome aboard. The SLT will be a great scope to start out with. Get saving for the many other bits and bobs you will find you begin to need thereafter ;)

As for the questions, ask away you will always get the answer you need.

Clear skies....

Hi Peter welcome to SGL. I'm also from Glasgow. Have noticed a few Glaswegians here lately,shound arrange a stargazing meet sometime. The only problem is the inpredictable scottish weather.

Thats a good shout mate .

Hello Peter and welcome aboard. The SLT will be a great scope to start out with. Get saving for the many other bits and bobs you will find you begin to need thereafter ;)

As for the questions, ask away you will always get the answer you need.

Clear skies....

Is there many bits and bobs for it scott? Oh well i will need to bang the plastering prices up to fund the new hobby then. :grin:

Is there many bits and bobs for it scott? Oh well i will need to bang the plastering prices up to fund the new hobby then. :grin:

A bit tongue in cheek that was - don't mean to frighten you :)

I bought my telescope and it came with a standard set of eyepieces and a barlow lens and an equitorial mount. Now, I have various eyepieces, a SynScan EQ mount, better Barlow, camera adapters, a home made Bahtinov mask and dew shield.....the list goes on. It's like any hobby, the more you get involved the more expensive it can become. However, the telescope and mount you will have will set you up nicely, so to be fair, the only thing I would suggest at this stage is Turn Left at Orion book and perhaps a good quality mid range (12 or 13mm) eyepiece and Barlow lens to get started with.

Be warned though, once the bug bites that's it. It can be something of a wonderful sickness at times this astronomy lark. And immenseley frustrating when it stays cloudy for weeks on end ;)

A bit tongue in cheek that was - don't mean to frighten you :)

I bought my telescope and it came with a standard set of eyepieces and a barlow lens and an equitorial mount. Now, I have various eyepieces, a SynScan EQ mount, better Barlow, camera adapters, a home made Bahtinov mask and dew shield.....the list goes on. It's like any hobby, the more you get involved the more expensive it can become. However, the telescope and mount you will have will set you up nicely, so to be fair, the only thing I would suggest at this stage is Turn Left at Orion book and perhaps a good quality mid range (12 or 13mm) eyepiece and Barlow lens to get started with.

Be warned though, once the bug bites that's it. It can be something of a wonderful sickness at times this astronomy lark. And immenseley frustrating when it stays cloudy for weeks on end ;)

Thanks scott. Mrs has just ordered the book for part of my crimbo :smiley:

Archived