NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Leave your tribute.

Paulus17

I wonder if one of our forum mods would be ok with posting a message on behalf of SGL linking to this post their is a lot of warm feeling towards Sir P and deserves a wider audience, especially for Sir P's friends ... I know i would love to read through over 400 posts explaining how loved and admired any of my close friends/ relatives had been .

Cheers.

I know i could do it myself but as it would link to the forum, thought it would be best checked by a mod

I wonder if one of our forum mods would be ok with posting a message on behalf of SGL linking to this post http://stargazerslou...ip-sir-patrick/ their is a lot of warm feeling towards Sir P and deserves a wider audience, especially for Sir P's friends ... I know i would love to read through over 400 posts explaining how loved and admired any of my close friends/ relatives had been .

Cheers.

I know i could do it myself but as it would link to the forum, thought it would be best checked by a mod

Great idea Knobby :laugh:

I wonder if one of our forum mods would be ok with posting a message on behalf of SGL linking to this post http://stargazerslou...ip-sir-patrick/ their is a lot of warm feeling towards Sir P and deserves a wider audience, especially for Sir P's friends ... I know i would love to read through over 400 posts explaining how loved and admired any of my close friends/ relatives had been .

Cheers.

We are discussing this.

For me the best tribute to SPM is to get out there and observe. I have printed out a listing of his Caldwell catalogue and next clear night I will have a go at finding a few. After all, he spent his life inspiring people to look at the night sky, so the best tribute is to keep doing it. When I find one of the objects on his list I will think of him and smile.

For me the best tribute to SPM is to get out there and observe.

I have been thinking that he would probably have shunned the idea of a memorial, but if pressed that he might suggest that the best way to remember him would be to get out there doing astronomy and to encourage others to do the same.

James

Archived