Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

naked eye M44

Daniel-K

Seeing M44 near the zenith even as a faint hazy patch indicates your skies are dark enough for good to excellent observing. I have seen it many times this way with 5.5-6th mag. limiting mag. near the zenith so your past problem seems to be corrected concerning street light pollution.

just the other night 3 of us were in my garden on the edge of liverpool and we could see M44 naked eye. now thats showing how good of a job the new lights are doing in our area :) there mag 6 stars

Are these the new LED street lights?

Just wondering as i've read a few posts lately regarding the new street lighting and to be fair, it sounds like it may turn out to be better for us than the orange lights we've been trying to filter out.

of course this may not be the case, i'm just going on what i've read.

D.C

we have these new lights fitted at the front of our house but there not doing the lights at the back of our house!!!!???? makes no sense one bit, makes me mad how the council can just place these bladdy things anywhere they like, one is beaming into my back garden! cant even sleep properly at night as it shines in my window

Archived