Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

W/C 10th December

swamp thing

I was out on Monday night and saw a quite a few meteors - I forgot to check if we were going through any meteor showers at the moment.

If Monday is anything to go by you should catch quite a few (unless it gets foggy again!).

Lol! I did the same when I had an initial quick flick through the images.

Looking at the forecast yesterday, I spent some more time in the garden under much clearer skies than the previous night but, again, didn't capture a single meteor. Whilst the sky was clear, I though I'd experiment with the camera. I took the attached on a normal fixed tripod with the lens zoomed out to 18mm and the ISO up at maximum. I was quite surprised how well it came out.

8274632332_63a191681d_b.jpg

Widefield by MrLeebert, on Flickr

Not bad at all Lee! Pleiades is particularly clear.

I was out in the garden that night as well. Beautiful clear night, with the odd patch of cloud going overhead. I spent a lot of time poking around Auriga, which was quite hard work because it was near the zenith.

Last night was supposed to be clear as well, but I didn't make it out.

Archived