Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sculpter - NGC-253

qcdougn

I finally got out with the scope and camera last night. It was the first in a long time. I took this image with a LX-90 @f6.3 and a Canon XT (Un-modded). Since my cable for taking long exposures was defective, I took approx. 120 subs at only 25 sec. each - ISO mixed at 800 & 1600.

It's not a very detailed image, but at least I dusted off the kit and got back at imaging. The cool Fall weather helped clear out the haze and humidity from the long, long summer.

Doug

Good piece of work Doug. There was no mistaking it was galaxy with pronounced dust lanes, and some noise too, but that was understandable

in view of the short subs. Hehehe. Listen to me, talking like I was an expert, maybe one day, but not quite yet.

Anyway Doug, it made good sense to save the one Rog tweaked, and he is an expert. Poor Rog, he will probably resign from SGL when he gets fed up of me pestering the life out of him. :D

Cheers.

Ron.

Archived