Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Web Cams

If it's cheap ur after, I'v recently modified an X-Box cam which cost me all of £6 & i'm starting to get quite good results but there's people on here who have had great results with them. U might find this thread interesting http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/131246-xbox-livecam-mod-cliff/ . You dont mention the gear you'll be using?

I get that bit James. ;-)

But why can't you use the webcam lens also, surely it would be just the same as using an EP with your eye. Is it because it distorts the image, or do webcams have zoom, if they do, then I get it - at last. :'(

If it's cheap ur after, I'v recently modified an X-Box cam which cost me all of £6 & i'm starting to get quite good results but there's people on here who have had great results with them. U might find this thread interesting http://stargazerslou...ecam-mod-cliff/ . You dont mention the gear you'll be using?

How are the X-Box cams compared to the CCDs?

Ok thank you. Have you come across any other webcams that can be converted that are high quality?

Only the "usual suspects" such as the Toucam Pro that is basically the same as the SPC900.

If you want to go down the mono imaging route there are a few possibilities there such as the low-end Point Grey cameras that are regularly sold on ebay, but you have to balance the cost of those against the cost of a filter wheel and filters...

James

Only the "usual suspects" such as the Toucam Pro that is basically the same as the SPC900.

If you want to go down the mono imaging route there are a few possibilities there such as the low-end Point Grey cameras that are regularly sold on ebay, but you have to balance the cost of those against the cost of a filter wheel and filters...

James

Thank you. I am not doing any imaging yet and it will be a fair amount of time until I do but this give me some great food for thought and know what my options are.

Archived