Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Second attempt at Andromida,

StarRaver

afternoon all, This is my second attempt at Andromida, I managed to capture this abot 2 weeks ago but have only just had the time to have a play around with it due to work,

This is a 30 minute total exposure comprising of 30 lights at 1250iso, 60sec, 25 darks and bias

processing is all that as had limited time but I thought i would post what i have done so far

Thanks for looking

Dale

post-21044-0-89570800-1354204526_thumb.j

good effort Dale if that unguided even better, you just need to hammer another 100 subs to get more SNR (signal to noise raitio) to reduce the noise or turn the ISO to 800, i find if your taking 60 secs subs leave 120 secs between you subs so the sensor cools enough which will also help with the noise. great effort carry on

Thank you, yes this is un-guided, your right with needing more subs, but with the weather and work time is a bit tight.

I will try 800iso next time but I will have to increase the exposure time and with no guiding at the moment I thing I will end up with trailing.I will also try leaving enough time between shots aswell as I didn't really with this, it only had 10 second pause between shots

Thanks

Dale

with that setup and accurate PA you should manage 2 min, i did when i had my ED80 on the NEQ6, when i had my old HEQ5 pro i had a 200p on it and unguided was doing 90 secs with no trails. another thing is do you know how to calibrate your polar scope?

Dan

yes my polar scope is calibrated myself from watching a youtube video, I have been able to pull off 2 min subs.

With this I decided to try a lower exposure time with a higher iso as I did shoot multiple objects on the same night.

Archived