Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello all , newbie here, in the last couple of weeks or so ive been getting more interested in stargazing but i dont know much about it , equipment etc... i was just after some advice on what would be half decent to see the stars/planets. Ideally i dont want to spend anymore than £100 and i would prefer binoculaurs so i can put them in the car and have a look whenever im out and about. Any advice/info is much appreciated , cheers Nathan.

what are bins? lol sorry if i sound like an idiot. ive just had a quick read through the bino page and seen people onabout pentax pcf or something like that? all i want to do is just look at the planets/stars and night sky so i dont want to be breaking the bank :) cheers for help guys

what are bins? lol sorry if i sound like an idiot. ive just had a quick read through the bino page and seen people onabout pentax pcf or something like that? all i want to do is just look at the planets/stars and night sky so i dont want to be breaking the bank :) cheers for help guys

"Bins" is a nickname for binoculars in the U.K. while in the U.S. the term is "binos". What you want is a pair of 10x50s for all stargazing. This size is the best for hand holding (weight), magnification power (10x) and light grasping power (x50). The bigger the objective lenses, the heavier the bins are.

You can also look at the classifieds here, I think there are some on there

Velvet

Sorry Velvet but Smoggie won`t be able to access the Classifieds until he has reached 50 posts, I know it seems a shame, but there are reasons as to why this rule is in place :)

John.

Hi and welcome along. There are many Bak 4 prism'd binoculars within your budget. I own 2 pairs, both of which were well under £100. I am no bino expert so recommendations would be better coming from someone more experienced than me. The 2 sets I have are really very good for the £'s. But there are many more on the market for your budget. Good luck with your choice.

Archived