Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First attempt

Letchy

Yeah... This was taken through 10x50 binoculars, with a Samsung PL211 digital camera.

this is a combination of two images stuck together and edited within Photoshop.

8218062805_11387fc7c0_z.jpg

Not the best, as everytime I had tried I could not seem to get it perfect as I had when I tried 5mins beforehand... Literally looked as if I was looking through the binos at the moon without the camera, but ever since I missed that chance the pictueres I captured after were just over exposed or blurry, or no focus. I did not use a tripod, rather a makeshift one with a chair and a bin...

Can't wait to get my scope so I can actually see farther and more detail in most things, and some average pictures like this one.

Thanks for looking!

Hi Letchy!

What scope are you getting?

I see you live in London, how's the light pollution? This could limit the amount that you can see clearly.

10x50 bins are a good way to learn the sky as you can move from one constellation to another without too much trouble.

I know it's a lot to ask when you get a new toy, but take your time in setting it up and get everything as near perfect as you can - especially collimation if it's a reflector/SCT. That way you won't be disappointed with your purchase.

Good luck & clear skies.

Hi Letchy!

What scope are you getting?

I see you live in London, how's the light pollution? This could limit the amount that you can see clearly.

10x50 bins are a good way to learn the sky as you can move from one constellation to another without too much trouble.

I know it's a lot to ask when you get a new toy, but take your time in setting it up and get everything as near perfect as you can - especially collimation if it's a reflector/SCT. That way you won't be disappointed with your purchase.

Good luck & clear skies.

I will be buying a Skywatcher 130P as my first telescope sometime next month. :) About the LP... Where I am, I live right next to my local woods, so there isn't as much light pollution as there would be if I were situated in the heart of London. On a clear night, I can see most constellations and stars with just my eyes, and through my binos I can see a lot more.

I was also looking at M42 last night, after I took the pictures of the moon. Oh boy, it was spectacular! Orion's nebula is beautiful to look at even from a distance as it looked rather small, haha. Oh, and regarding your advice of taking my time with the setting up with a scope... I will follow your advice, I want to be able to see clearly after all!

Thanks!

Sorry for the double post - but I spent a bit more time editing my photo(s) of the moon, and I think the turn out is considerably better than the one in my first post...

I will be trying for better shots most nights though. :D Not too shabby for a point and shoot and binos eh? haha.

post-26931-0-42087600-1353973972.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived