Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another go at M31

kirkster501

10 x 180S at ISO 800. 10 darks and 20 BIAS. No flats, no flattener, unmodded 1100D no guiding. This data from 2nd November,

post-16295-0-46574300-1353845748_thumb.j

That really bright bit in the nucleus spoils it. Spend an hour looking through CS3 tools to remove it with no luck. Anyone knows how would appreciate an heads up please?

Rgds, Steve

You're doing great, 180s is a lot for unuided.

I'm not very experienced yet but let me add what I think:

That white thing in the central is over exposure. There is no data to bring out since it's probably burned out on the subs. Many people take pictures with lesser exposure to bring out detailing in the core.

Some flats will probably help a bit aswell, but not with the core, just with the image overall.

What Vigdiz said - you need shorter subs or a lower ISO to avoid overexposing the core.

You've got nice detail in the arms.

Your sky is a bit purple and the galaxy is a bit green on my monitor. It's probably just my monitor.

What Vigdiz said - you need shorter subs or a lower ISO to avoid overexposing the core.

You've got nice detail in the arms.

Your sky is a bit purple and the galaxy is a bit green on my monitor. It's probably just my monitor.

That's how it looks on my monitor too.

Thanks all. I don't know how to do flats really and I know there are dust bunnies and I need to do them.

I can't be up all night to morning light to do the T shirt trick. Need to get flats when I am out. So need to devise a method somehow :huh:

Archived