Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywathcer EQ3-2 Pro Mount Polar Scope

Hi SGL,

Could I have some advice/instruction about fitting a Polarscope to the above mount please?

Recently I sent my mount back to OVL because it was making a clicking noise and jumping in the RA drive, since then they sent back to me 'adjusted' (to use their word on Invoice). Having a look at the mount, I think they have replaced it for a new one (bonus for me) but the Polarscope was missing, contacting them again via Opticstar (place where I brought Mount) and a Polarscope was shipped to me. As I have only come back from holiday today (viewed Solar Eclipse from Oz :grin: ) I thought I would fit the new Polarscope, starting to take it apart i noticed the fittings are different. Has anybody in SGL managed to fit one or know of an instruction manual (with pictures, if posible) to help me out, it probably is a simple job to fit one and remove the item which is there at the moment. Prior knowledge before I start removing screws etc would be helpful, that way I do not get any surprises when i start the job.

I have attached some pictures of the mount with fitting and new Polarscope.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Peter

post-1889-0-44495400-1353794611_thumb.jp

post-1889-0-62090600-1353794682_thumb.jp

post-1889-0-67327600-1353794737_thumb.jp

Hi msh1, Thank you for your advice about un screwing the fitting, unfortunately I have tried using a fair amount of force trying to get the fitting loose but with no luck, there must be something else keeping the fitting in or it is in very tight? I have taken another picture of how far i have managed to remove the fitting but I am not sure how to unload the picture now?

Hi Dai150PL, Thank you for your advice and that of msh1. For some reason the Polarscope attachment is a bit different to yours? I had to remove the RA scale ring, including three silver screws and black fitting. I then came across a threaded attachment, by using pipe pliers and applying some force I managed to remove this attachment. The new Polarscope went straight in, I had to centre the crosshairs and now the mount is ready to use, all I need is a clear sky now!

Peter

You don't just need to centre the crosshairs. You need to get the Polaris ring in the reticle in the right position, too. Easiest way I know of to do that is to rotate the RA axis to midnight on Nov 1st. and when you look through the polar scope the Polaris right should then be right at the bottom.

James

Archived