NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter from last night (21 November 2012)

BuzzBomb

Very trying conditions last night! Windy, bad seeing and terrible transparency, but it was clear - beggars can't be...

Taken with my Mak and QHY5v with a Tal 2x Barlow. PIPPed, AS!2 to stack and slight tweak of wavelets in R6.

Not sure how to combat the beigey colour. Will try a different IR cut filter next time.

Another 18 AVis processing whilst I type.

post-26156-0-20356500-1353582611_thumb.j

My tried and tested: -

First slider to 9.1

Second to 7.9

Third to 5.4

That's it! Seems to work ok for me, but going to Gimp later.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Those settings don't seem to make much difference to the original. What about the sharpness and denoise settings?

Thanks

That's a nice image.

To remove the yellow cast you could tweak the colour balance in Registax. There's a sort of "levels" functionality on one of the buttons on the right hand side of the wavelets screen.

James

Those settings don't seem to make much difference to the original. What about the sharpness and denoise settings?

Thanks

I don't touch them. Just a very slight tweak as above. Just seems to sharpen the image up a bit.

That's a nice image.

To remove the yellow cast you could tweak the colour balance in Registax. There's a sort of "levels" functionality on one of the buttons on the right hand side of the wavelets screen.

James

Thanks James. You don't happen to know which button it is do you please?

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks James. You don't happen to know which button it is do you please?

Took a while to find an image to load in so I could get to the wavelets page :)

There's the "Histogram" button that allows you to stretch the entire image and there's also the "RGB Balance" option that allows you to change the relative weights of the three colours.

James

Archived