SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

IC capture loss of frame rate driving me mad

Sammyb

Hello - for some unknown reason when i run IC capture with my DFK21 the frame rate is very erratic and keeps slowing down and speeding up and the capture windown keeps freezing.

Its driving me mad - can anyone please help!!!!

Sam

These are just some of the problems I have had getting my QHYIMG132E to run at a decent frame rate.

In no particular order;

As above - the correct USB

Is anything else running? - especially hidden/background downloads (if you have an internet connection)

If you have anti-virus - is it scanning your disc?

Anti virus - does it "see" your data from the camera as a "download" and therefore check/slow/stop it?

Are you using the most efficient software - My QHY camera runs at 4fps on the supplied software (and that's on a good day!!) and 70+ fps on Firewire (freeware) everything else being equal.

Hope they help point you in the right direction!

Thanks for the responses. I am thinking it must be the laptop but its baffling me.

I had it set up in my home office running perfectly using YUY2/RGB24 at 30fps. Then in evening I set up with the camera on the scope, begin capturing an AVI of Jupiter and straight from the off the frame rate drops and the image window keeps freezing. Arrrggghhhh! I then shift to Y800/Y800 at 60 fps it works fine - no problem. Then I switch back to YUY2/RGB24 and guess what.... it works fine!

I then slightly change the gamma setting.... frame rate drops....

I don't understand it. But I'm learning to live with it as "one of those things".

Archived