Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 Reprocessed

Gina

Very good Gina. I love the way you got some red in there. I am not getting that on mine - check my M33 out on the imaging>discussions.

Rgds,

Steve

Thank you :) Is your camera modded? I can't see any mention of it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of all the targets I've processed M33 has to be the toughest. With most targets it's clear to see the boundaries between what is real and what isn't but the edges of M33 are very ambiguous. You've done a great job here I think although to my eye there is a little too much red in there.

Of all the targets I've processed M33 has to be the toughest. With most targets it's clear to see the boundaries between what is real and what isn't but the edges of M33 are very ambiguous. You've done a great job here I think although to my eye there is a little too much red in there.

Thank you :) I see what you mean about the red - maybe it is a bit too much.

Nice one Gina - I too think there's just a little too much red in there, you couldn't spare some for my M33 - I can't get enough red!!

James

Thanks James :) I would gladly give you some of my red :D

Evidently the data I gathered on 17th wasn't as bad as I thought. Although relatively few useable lights (less than a dozen as I recall), at least they were 5 minute at ISO 1600 which cooling to -4C enabled me to get without as much noise as I thought. But yes, a lot more like that (or at lower temperature) would help a lot. I think it's the start of a work in progress :)

On a technical point - I have the camera box much better sealed now and can get the dew point down to -15C. Set-point cooling can be as low as -20C.

Good progress Gina, I find balancing colour to be one of the trickiest aspects of processing, is it still a bit red?, I'm curious to know how it would look if you drop the red even futher?

Alright - I can do that :)

Archived