Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5v Guide Camera

KyleStoke

Hi,

i was thinking of getting one for guiding, just wanted to know if it was better to get the colour version as i could also use it to take some planetary shots.

mostly tho it would be used for guiding, anyone used one or know if they are ony good?

I believe the mono version is a little more sensitive and would probably therefore be better for guiding. That doesn't mean the colour version won't work though. It might just be more fussy about finding a suitable guide star.

James

I was all for an ST80 & QHY5v but im glad i didn't

If i were you & you havent already dont buy the ST80, get yourselve a 9x50 finder, you'd then have the money for filters (al be it basic). Its of course up to you but this is what i would and in fact did.

Check this out

http://www.astronomyshed.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13107&sid=ac1ac76f319843495473f4bbaea5cbb5

Cheers

I was all for an ST80 & QHY5v but im glad i didn't

If i were you & you havent already dont buy the ST80, get yourselve a 9x50 finder, you'd then have the money for filters (al be it basic). Its of course up to you but this is what i would and in fact did.

Check this out

http://www.astronomy...473f4bbaea5cbb5

Cheers

Yea ive already got the ST80, i currently use it with a lifecam, which works but i was thinking of this as an upgrade

i have got a 9x50 which i could also convert if it was no good on the ST.

Buzz, good to hear, not sure how soon i will be able get one tho, looks like im going be spending my money on dew heaters first

Archived